Become a ROMANCE Novel Reviewer
Would you like to join the Night Owl Reviews team of wordsmith reviewers? We are seeking reviewers that love books and also know how to write great personal opinion based reviews. Readers want to know what other readers though of a book.
What you need to sign-up
A Love for ROMANCE Novels!
A Night Owl Reviews Account (Sign-Up Form at the top of the site)
Done several book reviews on Amazon or a Blog
At Least 18
Agree to our Terms & Conditions (TOC File)
Reviewers need to be able to cover these types of topics when they finish a book.
1. How quickly did the book draw you in?
2. How did you feel about the characters? Who pushed your buttons? Why?
3. Did the characters stay in character and did they grow through the book?
4. Did the plot have big holes or did the author wrap everything up?
5. Did the Point Of View shift?
* We are NOT seeking book recaps masquerading as reviews. Those are book reports :).
Consider These Elements When Doing a Book Review
- Descriptions - How did the author do when it came to describing the environment. Did you feel pulled into the story based on the descriptions?
- Characters - What did you like. What didn't work.
- Opening / Ending - Did it take you a while to get into the book or was it off and running from the start? When you ended the story did you feel satisfied? Did you want more? Did you feel that something was missing?
- Vividness - Did the world feel like it was vivid and real...like you could walk into the place and be a character yourself?
- Conflict - Was there enough conflict to keep you reading all the way to the end? Did you feel there was too much conflict or conflict that just didn't fit into the storyline?
- Character Motivation - Did the characters motivations seem real or did they seem false? Did you ever think or feel that a character acted outside of their characters norm?
- Writing Mechanics - Did everything seem tied together or did the book feel like separate sections and not well crafted? Did the story feel like it was done correctly?
- Pacing - Did you feel that it was stilted and you lost your place and put the book down at times? Did the dialogue pull you along?
- Plot - Did it have glaring holes? Did it just not make sense? Was it too are out there and not feel real?
- Dialogue - Did it seem real. Did each characters sound different and like a real person?